Monday, June 1, 2009

Woodpeckers from Space

My friend Rene in Yamanashi is getting me really into Italo Disco. It's all this horrible '80s Eurodance music that makes you want to grow an impressive mustache, and all the vocals sound exactly like those in Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus." I'd say Video Kids are an ideal example, and possibly the grandfathers of that awful "Crazy Frog" monstrosity that hit around the same time as the Summer Olympics in 2004. "Woodpeckers From Space" is something you MUST experience.


YOUTUBE!


In other news, my hair is all slimy and residue-y from sea salt due to a weekend at another beach! AJET hosted a beach BBQ on Saturday on this island that's only 5 minutes away from Fukuoka by ferry. I wish it had been sunny but even on a cloudy day it looks like something straight out of Hawaii, or a reality TV show about strangers stranded on a tropical island.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?